MONYWA PRIVATE DAY RETURN TOUR
This morning, depart Mandalay for a 3-hour drive to Monywa, a typical Burmese town on the banks of the Chindwin River. We will make a few stops along the way to stretch our legs and take photos.
We’ll reach Monywa at around 11AM and sightseeing around Monywa. We’ll begin with a visit to Thanboddhay Pagoda, a huge Buddhist temple covered with more than 500,000 Buddha images. Also stop at Boditahtaung Pagoda which houses the largest reclining Buddha image in Myanmar, at 100m long and 27m high. Nearby is the largest standing Buddha in the world, Laykyun Setkyar, at 423 feet in height.
At the afternoon, proceed to Po Win Taung (approximately 1 hour drive). This extraordinary complex consists of 947 sandstone caves dug out of the hills and contains what is considered by archaeologists to be the richest collection of mural paintings and Buddhist statues in Southeast Asia.
After visiting Po Win Taung, continue a few hundred meters away to Shwe Ba Taung. Spend time exploring this interesting site where monasteries and temples are carved out rocky narrow cliffs. We’ll return back to your hotel at around 18:00 Pm or 19:30 Pm.
***END OF SERVICE***
- 07:30AM pick up to your hotel
- Drive to Monywa
- Thanboddhay pagoda
- Boditahtaung Pagoda
- Laykyun Setkyar Pagoda
- Po Win Taung
- Shwe Ba Taung
- 18:00 or 19:30 Tour end and return to your hotel
- Local English Speaking Guide
- Toll fee and fuel charges for car
- Tour Program Sightseeing with private air- condition and good experienced car driver.
- Purify drinking water and snow Towel along in program.
- Visa and Insurance fees
- Overtime charges
- Entrance fees & zone fees
- Drinks, tips and personal expenses
- Any other items and services not mentioned in the program